Holy crap awesome opportunity, batman. Join our team and build beautiful digital products at a product studio where you will make a huge impact and have the opportunity to build different products.
We're looking for a full time ruby on rails developer. You will join the team and help build web apps and mobile applications. We have internal products and partner with other companies to build products/MVP's.
Our first internal product = promo
We have 2 other products in development and 2 partners working on a fintech startup and a consumer app for North America.
You will take over working on projects that were previously built by an amazon + yahoo! engineer. You will take ownership of few backend repos and have the opportunity to create new projects from scratch. Exciting opportunity for the right person.
Our Stack: ROR, heroku, aws, github
Open to remote candidates, HCM candidates preferred. Relocation packages potentially available. Looking to work with someone aligned with goals of building multiple successful products and delighting customers.
- Truly passionate about development.
- 2+ years experience
- Need to be able to show some code / github code review
- Unquestionable Fluent English (Spoken & Written).
- Outstanding communication skills, can read/write/speak english
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Preferred).
- Super strong on Ruby on Rails 4/5
- Communication + reliability, no talkers, but people that execute
- Building estimates for client projects (writing user stories + good at estimating projects properly)
- Accountable, and will do whatever it takes to ship products and always puts customers first
- Have a deep desire to ship products and get the job done at all costs attitude
- Fun, likes travel, happy, positive, team player. Enjoys working in a small team
- Have experience with designing RESTful JSON API
- Comfortable with building the entire backend stack on your own (hello internal hackathons + mvp projects)
- Enjoy and appreciate all areas of development.
- Competence and understanding of design and development processes.
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details.
- Adaptable attitude; comfortable with a fast-paced, agile development process.
- Sound judgement; makes product decisions based on best available qualitative and quantitative user feedback.
- No ego when it comes to product or developent; the focus is always on getting quickly to the right answer and doing what is right for the customer, product, and the company.
- Interest and experience in startups is a plus, you should be comfortable working in a close-knit team and fast-paced environment.
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity, and quickly evolving goals.
- Impact. Have direct input into our digital products and the types of projects we get involved in. You will own the entire development process for multiple products.
- Grow. Level up your development chops with support and mentorship from startup entrepreneurs, senior developers, and online training.
- Attend conference events and potentially travel overseas.
- Work with the latest digital tools, frameworks, languages, techniques, and great group of people.
- Potentially work remotely.
- Talented team. We have fun, but work very hard. Strong on product, move fast.
- Competitive salary, team lunches, stock options, and other benefits.
Before Applying / Final Notes / Showstoppers
- Applications must be written in English.
- You must provide a portfolio of your work. Please send github code examples and real web apps in the wild
- Show your personality. There can only be one ‘you’. Just own it. Tell us who you are, what makes you tick, and why you think this is a slam dunk fit.
- No attitudes or egos. Leave them at home.
- Ability to work under pressure and willing to get the job done at all costs mentality.
- Salary - Negotiable. Based on your experience.
We only respond to serious candidates that have the qualifications above. Simply scroll to the bottom of this page and submit your application today.
Viral Foundry is a digital product studio. We split our time between developing our own ideas and partnering with startup founders, existing businesses, private equity funds, VCs and local government agencies to build new companies. Our team is strong on all areas of digital, including design, development, and marketing. Clients are based in North America and SEA.
Startup culture and family vibe. We're a small ambitious team that's fun, friendly, tech + design savvy, “work hard and play hard” mentality, spotify music, team lunches, good times, and great peeps. We regularly attend tech + design conferences and on top of latest trends.
Submit your application below.