Are you a mid-level, or senior Front End Developer?
You will join the team to build beautiful web and mobile applications. We have internal products and partner with other companies to build products/MVP's.
We have a small team in Vancouver Canada and Indonesia, and looking to add a few new teammates. Ideally you are located in one of these locations, but we're open to remote candidates.
Our first internal product = promo
We have 2 other products in development and 2 partners working on a fintech startup and a consumer app for North america.
You will take ownership of few existing front-end project and have the opportunity to create new project from scratch. Exciting opportunity for the right person.
Our Stack: ROR, heroku, aws, github, angular 1/2
Open to remote candidates, Vancouver/Indonesia candidates preferred. Looking to work with someone aligned with goals of building multiple successful products and delighting customers.
- You are passionate about clean code and elegant solutions.
- Have experience with Angular 1
- Experience with jquery and at least one JS framework.
- Experience in web development technologies including HTML5, CSS3, JS.
- Good sense of design/UI for the web and working knowledge of Photoshop + Sketch.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Unquestionable Fluent English (Spoken & Written).
- Outstanding communication skills, can read/write/speak english
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Preferred).
- Communication + reliability, no talkers, but people that execute
- Building estimates for client projects (writing user stories + good at estimating projects properly)
- Accountable, and will do whatever it takes to ship products and always puts customers first
- Have a deep desire to ship products and get the job done at all costs attitude
- Fun, likes travel, happy, positive, team player. Enjoys working in a small team
- Have experience with consuming RESTful JSON API
- Comfortable with building the entire front-end stack on your own (hello internal hackathons + mvp projects)
- You know Angular 1/2, Ruby, Vuejs, Semantic Bootstrap
- An eye for design and user experience
- Previously shipped a wordpress theme/plugin
- An entrepreneurial spirit when it comes to attacking new projects
Nice To Haves
- Enjoy and appreciate all areas of development.
- Competence and understanding of design and development processes.
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details.
- Adaptable attitude; comfortable with a fast-paced, agile development process.
- Sound judgement; makes product decisions based on best available qualitative and quantitative user feedback.
- No ego when it comes to product or developent; the focus is always on getting quickly to the right answer and doing what is right for the customer, product, and the company.
- Interest and experience in startups is a plus, you should be comfortable working in a close-knit team and fast-paced environment.
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity, and quickly evolving goals.
What would I be working on in the first month?
- Help create new MVP's from scratch! You will write the first line of front end code for new projects
- Cleaning up the promo front end repo, improving the consumer experience
- Launching new features for promo.co + developing our product offerings
- Slicing some sweet new landing pages from Sketch to valid/responsive html
- Helping to build web/mobile MVP's for clients
- Creating landing pages and marketing websites for internal and external projects
- Impact. Have direct input into our digital products and the types of projects we get involved in. You will own the entire development process for multiple products.
- Grow. Level up your development chops with support and mentorship from startup entrepreneurs, senior developers, and online training.
- Attend conference events and potentially travel overseas.
- Work with the latest digital tools, frameworks, languages, techniques, and great group of people.
- Potentially work remotely.
- Talented team. We have fun, but work very hard. Strong on product, move fast.
- Competitive salary, team lunches, stock options, and other benefits.
Before Applying / Final Notes / Showstoppers
- Applications must be written in English.
- You must provide a portfolio of your work. Please send github code examples and real web apps in the wild
- Show your personality. There can only be one ‘you’. Just own it. Tell us who you are, what makes you tick, and why you think this is a slam dunk fit.
- No attitudes or egos. Leave them at home.
- Ability to work under pressure and willing to get the job done at all costs mentality.
- Salary - Negotiable. Based on your experience and location.
We only respond to serious candidates that have the qualifications above. Simply scroll to the bottom of this page and submit your application today.
Viral Foundry is a digital product studio. We split our time between developing our own ideas and partnering with startup founders, existing businesses, private equity funds, VCs and local government agencies to build new companies. Our team is strong on all areas of digital, including design, development, and marketing. Clients are based in North America and SEA.
Startup culture and family vibe. We're a small ambitious team that's fun, friendly, tech + design savvy, “work hard and play hard” mentality, spotify music, team lunches, good times, and great peeps. We regularly attend tech + design conferences and on top of latest trends.
Submit your application below.